Can you faint on purpose? People pass out due to different reasons. People faint because of pressure on their pressure point, lack of food and water, or in most cases, due to lack of oxygen.
Fainting or lightheadedness is common and can happen unintentionally or on purpose. Here is a guide on how to make yourself pass out instantly for long or for a few minutes.
In most cases of fainting, it occurs when there is reduced blood supply to the brain or, in other cases, a disturbance in neuronal signaling. As the blood circulation returns to normal, those who faint can regain consciousness. This is the natural cause of fainting. Though not recommended, fainting can also be artificially induced.
How to pass out instantly
Passing out instantly on purpose can be for different reasons. For starters, you may do this to practice your acting skills, prank a friend or colleague, or in other cases, get yourself out of a sticky mess.
Feeling lightheaded or passing out is a sensory response to a momentary drop in blood pressure or blood flow to your head. This is common when you suddenly change position, for instance, getting up after sitting for long.
But can you faint on purposes? Naturally, the exact reasons for fainting may not be obvious. Most people, however, become unconscious when their brain is not being supplied by sufficient oxygen.
Some conditions may make someone pass out instantly. Some can be life-threatening; in such cases, urgent medical attention is required. Someone may faint or pass out as a result of any of the following:
- An epileptic seizure
- Standing still for long hours
- Drug and alcohol overdose
- Straining when constipated
- Instant change of position, for instance, standing up very quickly
- A sudden decrease in blood pressure
- Low blood sugar as a result of insulin overdose
Experience these episodes once in a while is often not a cause for alarm. Repeated spells, however, needs medical attention. If you or your family member exhibits this, it important to seek medical attention. Repeated fainting may be a sign of a serious underlying medical condition.
Repeated fainting may be associated with other symptoms such as blood loss, chest pain, and heart palpitation. This needs to be checked as soon as possible.
You should not attempt to pass out on purpose if you have a chronic or serious medical condition like diabetes, respiratory condition, or condition that compromises your immune system.
How to make yourself pass out for a few minutes
Fainting or passing out on purpose is not recommended. Pass out can be dangerous, and you can end up hurting yourself. Different reasons can make you want to faint on purpose. If you have to try this, you need to do it in presence of other people.
If you do this alone, you could end up hurting yourself during the process or when you fall on the ground. Have a friend ensure you have a cushioned place to land.
Here is what you need to do if you want to pass out for a few minutes:
- Hyperventilating to reduce the amount of oxygen in your body. This can be an easy way to induce fainting on your own. With this method, you start feeling dizzy, lightheaded, and may lose vision. Then you fall over.
- The other way you can make yourself pass out is by holding your breath and depriving your body of oxygen. With this method, the shortness in oxygen causes your body to go numb, and you start feeling lightheaded.
- You could also induce fainting by starving your body. Not eating for long can cause someone to faint.
- The other method you can use to make yourself pass out on purpose is putting your head between the knees while standing. Now stand up without breathing in or out and quickly insert your thumb in your mouth, breath against your thumb for some second. You will pass out without knowing.
- Holding smoke in your lungs is the other simple trick to make yourself lightheaded and faint on purpose. Cigarettes, weed, or shisha smoke inhaled in large amounts can make you faint for some minutes.
Just a reminder, trying some of the methods above can be dangerous. If you have to try any of them, make sure you are not doing it alone. Do not try any of them if you have any kind of underlying medical condition.
From the above, you can indeed trigger a fainting sensation using many ways. When trying any of the above, you need to be very careful. Making yourself feel lightheaded can lead to vomiting, nausea, and death in severe cases.
How to make yourself pass out for a long time without hurting yourself
As mentioned, you would wish to pass out or faint for different reasons. You should, however, take caution when doing this, given that it can turn to be very dangerous. So how do you make yourself pass out for long without hurting yourself?
Fainting occurs naturally, and those who faint are often not aware when it occurs. They are, however, some signs that can help show that someone is about to faint or pass out. For starts, you start feeling dizzy, lightheaded, and may start to lose vision.
Occasional fainting is often not a cause for concern; however, if you experience repeated episodes, then urgent medical attention is required. This can be a sign of an underlying medical condition. If you have to induce passing out for long, you need to do it in the presence of other people.
There are a lot of ways you can induce lightheadedness and pass out. We greatly advise against doing this, but if you have to try, then you can use the following to make yourself pass out without hurting yourself.
Hyperventilating or burning out oxygen is one of the easiest ways to induce fainting. You can achieve this by breathing fast when doing this be sure to exhale more than you are inhaling.
This method causes a rapid reduction of blood supply to the brain. It causes dizziness, lightheadedness, and may lead to loss of consciousness. To pass out instantly, hyperventilate for a minute then stand up fast. You will pass out very fast.
Skipping meals or starving yourself of the other way to induce fainting. Sugar in the form of glucose is what your body functions on. This product comes from the food we eat.
Starving yourself may lead to a drop in the optimal level of this sugar that your body needs. You will start to feel tired and foggy. Not eating for long will, therefore, lead to dizziness, lightheadedness and you can pass out for long.
3. Holding your breath for long
The simplest and fastest way to make yourself pass out if by depriving oxygen to your body. You need to be very careful when doing this. This is what you will need to do,
- Make sure you are not alone, and those around you are aware you are trying to make yourself pass out
- Now hold your breath for as long as you can
- The duration one can hold their breath will vary from one person to the other. some people are not able to do this for long
- Hold your breath until you start feeling dizzy, lightheaded then you will pass out
4. Inhaling a lot of smoke
Inhaling and filling your lungs with smoke can also help you pass out intentionally.
Smoke from cigarettes and weed contains tar. This is a sticky black substance that is highly toxic and carcinogenic. Holding a lot of smoke in your lungs impairs the natural cleansing mechanism of the lungs. This may cause breathlessness, fatigue, lightheadedness, and may make you pass out.
5. A sudden change of position
A sudden change of position can create a blood rash, which can cause someone to pass out. For instance, if you stand up quickly after crouching, sitting, or even lying down, then you could feel lightheaded and pass out.
The symptoms are more intense when you are dehydrated or when starving. An environmental condition such as when it is too hot could also worsen the symptoms. Your vision may go dark, and you may experience spots or bright lights.
6. Interrupting blood supply
Lack of proper supply of blood to the brain is the major cause of fainting. Your brain regulates everything in the boy. When not working properly, one can easily pass. Passing out in such cases is a way for your body to reboot.
Lack of adequate nutrients and vitamins, such as vitamin B12 can lead to fainting. Vitamin B12 is essential for the body. It helps produce red blood cells as wells as facilitating the working of the nervous system.
Lack of vitamin B12 can lead to one feeling lightheaded, fatigued, and pass out.
How to make someone pass out fast
You can induce lightheadedness and make someone pass out fast on purpose. The easiest way to do this is by using drugs that can incapacitate them. These drugs can be inhaled or ingested in drinks and foods. These drugs are classified as date rape drugs and are often used in rape cases.
Apart from drugs, there are also other ways you can use to make someone faint on purpose. Most of these ways are dangerous and could result in fatal outcomes such as death. To make someone pass out fast, you can try the following:
- Make them suddenly change position; for instance, you could have them stand up quickly after sitting for long.
- You could also make them breathe quickly and deeply while in a crouch position
- The other way is holding their breath for long. When doing this, make sure you do not hold the breath to the point that they cannot annual override.
- The final option you could try is depriving them of essential vitamins such as vitamin B12
- For those with medical conditions such as diabetes, you could administer excess or less amount of insulin.
Remember, making someone pass out can be dangerous. DO NOT TRY THIS!
Can weed make you pass out?
Smoking a lot of weed or cigarettes can make you pass out. Yes, you can become extremely lightheaded by inhaling a considerable amount of weed and holding it your lungs for long.
As mentioned above, weed contains tar, which is a toxic and carcinogenic substance. When you hold a lot of weed in your lungs, it impairs the natural cleansing of the lungs. This may cause breathlessness, loss of vision, feeling lightheaded, and may lead to passing out.
Smoking weed can also have other effects. Weed comes from a hemp plant known as cannabis sativa. This plant has an active ingredient called THC that makes you feel high after smoking a joint. This compound can also affect the way your body function.
Some physical effects of weed include:
- It increases heart rate
- Lowers blood pressure
- May affect your blood sugar
- Shallow breathing slowed reaction time
You should probably not try to make yourself pass out.
Drugs that can make you pass out
Some drugs can help you pass out. These drugs are often called date rape drugs or predatory drugs. These drugs are incapacitating agents. When administered, they render someone vulnerable, especially to rape.
Here are some of the drugs that can make you pass out:
- LSD acids, pills are known to cause hallucinations, increased heart rate and to pass out
- Inhalants, or sniffing drugs this is dangerous chemical inhaled to make you feel high
- PCP or angel dust this can be smoked, eaten or snorted up the nose
- Commonly used date rape drugs include Rohypnol and ketamine
- Can you faint on purpose: http://health.blurtit.com/1686127/how-can-you-faint-on-purpose
- Detailed instruction on how to make yourself faint on purpose: http://www.newhealthadvisor.com/How-to-Make-Yourself-Pass-Out.html
- Possible ways that can make you faint on purpose: http://www.newhealthadvisor.com/How-to-Make-Yourself-Faint.html
- What causes fainting and how to make yourself pass out: http://justhealthlifestyle.com/how-to-make-yourself-pass-out/
- How to make yourself light headed: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Yourself-Light-Headed
- How to make yourself faint for long: https://www.learnhow-to.com/make-faint-long-time-1694
- Signs that you are about to faint or pass out: http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms/feel-like-passing-out.shtml