It’s almost impossible not to have a pimple on your face or other parts of the body. Once it is gone, it often leaves a dark mark which spoils your look.
Acne has the same effects on the skin. There are many options you can use to remove pimple marks on whatever part of the body they happen to be.
Home remedies for pimple marks
Before evaluating the options available at the chemist, there are several home remedies you can for the purpose at hand. Some of these remedies work fast and will give you overnight results. The others may take a while but they still have great results.
1. Sugar Scrub
Just like lemons, sugar cane has an alpha hydroxyl acid called glycolic acid which helps in the regeneration of the skin through exfoliation.
- Mix raw organic cane sugar in virgin olive oil in a ratio of two to one.
- Add organic lemon juice to the mixture to form a paste which is light but not too watery.
- Add the scrub to the scars on your and leave for a quarter of an hour then wash it off with clean water.
- Apply a natural moisturizer.
- Repeat this routine every three days for the best results.
2. Potato juice
Fresh potatoes have a lot of minerals and vitamins which make them great remedies for skin scars such as those caused by acne and pimples.
- Cut a few slices of fresh organic potatoes and apply them on the affected area. Leave them there for about a quarter an hour before removing them and cleaning the area with warm water.
- You can also squeeze the juice from the potato and massage it to the affected area before washing it off after fifteen minutes.
- Repeat the procedure once a day until you see results.
Raw honey is also very beneficial to having your smooth skin tone back. For one, you should focus on using natural honey that is not processed (raw).
- You can directly apply the honey on the affected spot for a given period of time before washing it off.
- Another method to use would be mixing honey with ground cinnamon then applying the mixture to the skin.
4. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil ranks among the best solutions to a healthy skin free of blemishes. It has moisturizing properties besides essential fatty acids and vitamins which combine the best skin quality compared to other skin products.
For the best results, go for organic virgin coconut oil and use it in the following steps:
- Take about a quarter of a teaspoon of this oil and massage it on the affected area.
- You may or may not need to wash it off depending on how comfortable you are with the oil on your skin. If you decide to wash it off, wait for about 30 minutes before washing it off.
5. Aloe Vera
The high amounts of vitamins and water in fresh aloe vera gel make it one of the best solutions to pimples and acne marks. It is also favored by many since it does not increase the likelihood of having another skin irritation. You will end up with skin that is softer and healthier when you use this remedy.
You can choose between commercial aloe vera and the homemade one although the latter is preferred over the others. You can make your own by breaking off a small piece of aloe vera then squeezing it into a small bowl.
- Alternatively, use the same broken leaf and massage it on the skin for similar results.
6. Vitamin E
When you apply vitamin E to the skin, it helps soothe it and provides a faster way of healing pimple scars and acne. You can puncture gel capsule and squeeze its contents to the skin or mix it with moisturizer for a daily use.
7. Rose Hip Seed Oil
One of the best natural promoters of healthy skin is rosehip seed oil. The best type of this oil is the organic one that has been cold-pressed. It has a high amount of trans-retinoic acid and fatty acids which combine with vitamin A to provide the best effect on the skin.
- Apply the oil to the affected area on a daily basis until you see the results.
Having a lot of alpha-hydroxy acids makes lemons one of the best when it comes to restoring the natural look of your skin. Lemons can thus be used in revitalizing the skin, promoting healing and fading scars away.
The way to use lemons as a remedy for removing pimple and other marks is as follows:
- Use the juice squeezed from organic lemons into a bowl.
- Dab the juice with cotton wool then wait for it to dry up.
- If you have a sensitive skin, you may need to dilute the juice to avoid any undesired reactions.
- After the juice has dried up, wash it off the face with cold water then add a moisturizer to the face.
- You should repeat this routine on a daily basis until you see positive results.
On the cautionary side, lemon juice is known to increase the sensitivity of the skin to ultraviolet radiation. If you are using this remedy, therefore, you should reduce exposure to the sun.
The cucumber is a popular vegetable owing to having vitamins A and C with minerals such as magnesium. These same nutrients play major roles in treating the skin especially when it comes to doing away with scars. Cucumber also has a lot of water which make it a great hydrating option for the skin.
To use this remedy, follow the steps below:
- Find organic cucumber from your local grocery store.
- Cut off thin slices of this vegetable then place them over the scarred skin areas.
- Wait for about half an hour then remove the slices and wash your face with clean water.
- Repeat this daily for the best results.
It can be used to remedy scars caused by pimples or acne attacks.
10. Baking soda
In most homes, you can find this ingredient which is used with most dishes. Unknown to many people, baking soda, also called bicarbonate of soda or sodium bicarbonate, has many health benefits if put to the right use. One of these health benefits is the healing of scars.
Baking soda is packed with exfoliating properties when you use it as a scrubbing agent. Use it in the following stages:
- Add two to three teaspoons of baking soda powder to a small container.
- Add a little amount of water enough to make a thick paste.
- Massage this paste into the areas where the scars are located using gentle motions.
- Leave the paste in place for a maximum of two minutes then wash it off with clean lukewarm water. You don’t need soap for this.
- Apply a natural moisturizer on the affected area. This includes products such as olive oil, coconut, jojoba and rose hip seed.
- For the best results, repeat this routine every other day.
These remedies should only be used after you have confirmed that they have no side effects on the body.