What are strawberry legs? Strawberry leg is a condition you experience when little black dots (dark spots) show up all over your skin after removing hair.
They are especially noticeable on tanned skin. These black dots are grime caught in your pores. Here is an insight on how to get rid of strawberry legs fast and get rid of dark pores on your legs naturally.
Getting rid of the strawberry legs is possible. You can do it properly and it can be done without even the need to spend a lot of money. The home remedies are good and efficient. It certainly takes time but definitely worthy. It takes efforts to make the skin free of the dark pores. So, for those who question about how to get rid of strawberry legs, try to follow the tips below. Do them properly and be a little bit patient to get the wanted result.
What causes strawberry legs (dark pores on legs)?
Have you been noticing the appearance of dark dots on your legs after shaving? It’s normal. It’s nothing to worry about and you’re not alone. This condition is caused mostly due to clogged hair follicles. The pores get clogged due to several reasons like dead skin cells, dirt, oil, sebum and ingrown hair.
In sebum’s case, the air will make it oxidized and make your skin darker. The darkened area is tiny but when it appears in multiple spots on the skin the skin will look like the skin of strawberries.
Improper shaving can lead to ingrown hairs. Dull razor is also a major cause of dark pores on your legs. Most of the time you will notice these dark pores after shaving your legs with a dull razor. Dull razor can pull your hair without removing the follicle properly. So it will be the cause of dark pores on your leg.
How to get rid of strawberry legs fast
How then do you get rid of strawberry legs fast? A lot of women pay attention to every detail of their appearance and beautiful skin of the legs become one of the important aspects. The condition of strawberry legs can happen to anyone particular women of color.
While this condition is not something harmful, you will not be pleased and want it to be gone quickly. There are some good and affordable ways to treat this condition. Let’s find out more here in how to get rid of strawberry legs.
Strawberry legs can hinder you from sporting your beautiful legs or getting dressed in a short or biking in the warm summer season.
You can apply camouflage makeup to conceal this skin problem every day, but there are as well many home treatment remedies that you can use to cure the dark pores once and for all.
The treatment can be done at home by anyone. The best thing of all, the things needed to treat the skin can be found easily at home and they are very affordable as well. Here is what you will need to get rid of strawberry skin on legs fast:
1. Use baking soda to fix strawberry legs
To relieve the symptoms and get rid of strawberry legs, you can try using baking soda paste. Baking soda has excellent exfoliating properties and its anti-inflammatory properties to soothe the skin and reduce the dark patches caused by strawberry legs.
- To prepare the scrub in 1tbsp, baking soda adds one tsp.
- Lukewarm warm water and mix well to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on your legs.
- Leave for 2-3 minutes and wash off with cold water.
- To make it more effective, you can add 1 tablespoon. ground oatmeal.
- For quick relief try this remedy once a day.
2. Scrub to remove dark pores on legs
You can also scrub to remove dark pores on legs. A simple sugar scrub can work wonders. It gently exfoliates and removes dirt, oil and ingrown hair inside the hair follicles.
- mix 2 tablespoons of brown sugar with aloe vera gel
- gently stir to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on your wet legs.
- Rinse your legs with lukewarm water.
3. Salt and butter milk
a paste of sugar and butter can also be a great remedy to use. it is a strong exfoliating agent that also increased circulation of blood.
- Mix buttermilk and salt to get a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected
- Gently rub the skin in circular motion
- leave it on for some minute
4. Use Revitol hair removal cream to prevent dark pores
This hair removal cream from Revitol is an effective and safe product for you to get rid of strawberry legs. This product is prepared from all-natural ingredients and it is derived from a blend of ingredients extracted from minerals, plants, or other natural resources. The main concept behind this hair removal cream is not to attack or abuse your skin.
Features of the cream
Revitol has designed this cream with medically tested ingredients to offer a safe and desired effect to you. Some of its beneficial features include:
- The product is safe to use.
- It will not create any side effects as it is prepared from all-natural ingredients.
- It is suitable for all types of skin.
- It inhibits the hair growth
- It is not available in local stores.
- If you would like to dispose of your strawberry legs in a natural and safe way, then this hair removal cream from Revitolis an ideal product for you.
- To know more about the features and benefits of this cream, visit our website to read the in-depth review about this cream.
5. Use an electric epilator
An electric Epilator is a hair removal device that works by means of an electric current resource. These Epilators are the best tools for you to dispose of unnecessary hair. Women are increasingly considering epilating over manual shaving because it eliminates redundant hair with ease.
How to epilate legs without pain
Epilating is another great way to remove hairs from the legs and other places on your body. An epilator is a handheld device that acts like a superset of tweezers. It actually has multiple tweezers on its head. When you bring the epilator over your skin, it pulls out the hairs one by one from the root.
The obvious problem is that this can cause a lot of pain. Luckily, there are some things you can do to reduce this pain. First, try a numbing topical cream that you can purchase over the counter at your local drug store. Apply this several minutes before epilating to numb the area. You can also try Lidocaine Plus, which also numbs the area and has been used as an inexpensive anesthetic. There are even gets like this that are specially made for epilating.
If you don’t want to use these methods, make sure to take a shower beforehand, and make it hot! This will open the pores so that the hairs come out easier. You should also exfoliate as always. Finally, make sure to hold the skin taut when you epilate so that the epilator does not catch any of your skin.
6. Exfoliate to Keep the Skin Pores Clean [scrubbing]
Exfoliation helps you to get rid of the skin of dead skin cells and dirt and thus help to unclog the skin pores as well as proper shaving methods. This is something good to be done as it is easy to be done and will naturally help to get rid of the dark pores on skin Shaving tools and following a good skin care regimen to prevent them.
I recommend exfoliating your legs on a regular basis with a body scrub that polishes away dead skin cells. This includes the over-the-counter scrubs. Glycolic acid, lactic acid, and salicylic acid are the active ingredients those will treat strawberry legs and they can be found in various scrubs fund at the retail shops. Below is how to get rid of your strawberry legs with exfoliating natural scrubs
Skin pore exfoliation method 1
You make a natural homemade scrub by mixing 2 tablespoons each of brown sugar and aloe Vera gel with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Blend the ingredients thoroughly to create a paste with fine consistency.
- Apply the scrub on wet legs with the help of a small towel or a loofah in gentle circular motions, concentrating on the areas affected by the “strawberry legs” condition.
- Rinse your legs with warm water and finish off with a splash of cool water.
- You may want to finish off by massaging in some coconut oil or glycerin to moisturize the skin. This is optional though important. The following is the message procedure:
This method is especially great for those with sensitive skin. For more exfoliating action, you may want to apply the sugar scrub after soaking your legs in a bathtub of warm water for 15 minutes. This helps to open up and thus get rid of dark pores on the legs.
Throwing aloe Vera into the mix aids in the faster healing of the dark pores since it has rich natural anti-inflammatory properties. As for the lemon juice, it throws in some stringent action for quick treatment of strawberry legs.
- Combine brown sugar and olive oil in the ratio of 1:2 and then work it into the legs as described in method 1.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 1 teaspoon of warm water, mix them thoroughly and then massage them gently into the skin for a few minutes before rinsing them off with warm water.
- To some buttermilk, add enough salt to make a scrub that is easy to work, then massage it gently into the areas of the leg affected by dark pores before rinsing off with warm water.
- Select any one scrub from above options and apply it in a circular motion with using a loofah pad or cotton clothes on your affected areas or you can apply entirely your both legs for few minutes.
- Start from the ankles and working your way all over the legs.
- After complete, wait few seconds and then rinse it off with warm water. It will help to reduce the dark pores and care your skin.
If you cannot do without shaving altogether, then consider the following shaving tips:
- Soak your legs in warm water for 5 to 10 minutes to help soften the skin and open up the pores which then helps to draw out the impurities trapped inside the pores.
- Use clean, sharp razor blades. It is advisable to use razors once but if that is not an option to you, consider running hot water over the razor after shaving with it.
- Apply coconut oil to your legs before shaving to moisturize the skin and prep it for the shave.
- After applying the shaving cream
- After shaving your legs, splash the work area with cold water, then finish off by applying an aftershave cream or a moisturizing
You could also try the remedies below to get rid of strawberry legs fast at home
1. Cucumber Juice
Cucumber juice has been found to help you reduce the appearance of strawberry legs and other parts of the skin. And the best part, it is an all-natural remedy that is free of harmful chemicals and is gentle to use even for people with sensitive skin.
- Peel a cucumber and then mash it to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste to the areas of the leg affected by dark pores twice daily, in the morning and evening.
- Repeat this treatment every day until you have attained the desired results.
2. Oil Massage
Moisturizing with natural oils and aloe Vera based lotion also helps to increase circulation while promoting the healing of strawberry legs.
3. Egg White
Egg white is also touted to fasten the healing of dark pores. Egg white contains astringent properties that are great for shrinking the visible pores and tightening them. As for how to get rid of strawberry legs with the egg white, simply apply the egg white directly on the affected pores, leave it on for 5 minutes or so, and then rinse with cool water.
4. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has natural antibacterial properties and has been shown to be as effective as 5% benzoyl peroxide in the treatment of acne.
For open comedones on the legs (strawberry legs), add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil to a2 tablespoons of olive oil and then massage the mixture into the affected areas of the leg.
Replace wash clothes and loofahs frequently. This often harbors bacteria and could be a contributing factor to strawberry legs.
We highly recommend Essential Oil Labs Tea Tree Oil (Check price on Amazon)
5. Olive oil or coconut oil
Take a few drops of olive oil or coconut oil – using a tablespoon as the place to mix the oils will be good. Take sandalwood oil and add a few drops of it into the olive oil. Mix them well and then apply the mixture to the affected skin. Massage the skin well for a few minutes and leave it be.
6. Use soaps with salicylic acid
This will help you to exfoliate the skin and prevent the recurrence of those dark pores on the legs.
7. Dry Skin Brushing
Vigorously brush legs with a soft dry brush with circular motions prior to bath or shower.
Replace the loofahs and wash clothes or bathing sponges frequently. These items used while taking a bath are known to be the things loved by bacteria and thus the may as well contribute to the happening of strawberry legs.
Laser treatment for strawberry legs
Laser hair reduction can certainly help to reduce the pigment caused by growing/irritated hair follicles. If you rid the area of the follicles, there will no longer be irritation of the pores causing the darkening. Laser hair removal is a series of treatments, usually 6-8 treatments done per weeks apart
Laser surgery is a type of cosmetic and medical surgery that uses the cutting power of laser beam to bloodless cut in tissue or remove a surface lesion such as skin tumor. Laser treatment or hair removal can effectively eliminate the look of dark pore caused by strawberry legs.
Laser hair removal gets rid of hair directly from the root. The cost for this procedure is relative, as such some people consider it expensive. You would try talking to your dermatologist about it and see the wonders of laser treatment for yourself.
- How to get rid of strawberry legs: http://www.remediesandherbs.com/5-home-remedies-for-strawberry-legs/
- How to get rid of strawberry legs, all you need to know: https://allbeautytoday.com/how-to-get-rid-of-strawberry-legs/
- How does strawberry leg occur: https://carehappiness.com/how-to-get-rid-of-strawberry-legs/
- What are those dark, open pores: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/what-are-those-dark-open-pores-heres-how-to-get_us_57a8ba58e4b08f5371f1b1a1
- Does laser hair removal help get rid of strawberry legs: https://www.realself.com/question/toronto-laser-hair-removal-rid-strawberry-leg
- How to get rid of strawberry legs: http://www.howgetrid.net/get-rid-strawberry-legs-dark-pores-cure/
- Causes of strawberry legs: http://newsbeat.co.ke/how-to-get-rid-of-straberry-legs-home-remedies-to-cure-dark-ppores/