Sebaceous or epidermoid cysts are lumps under the skin. They can appear on the face, behind ear, pubic area, head etc. You can get these lumps on the labia or vagina, eyelid and back as well. Here are home remedies to get rid of sebaceous cysts fast and naturally.
Sebaceous cyst is a bump that develops below the skin. They are also known as keratin cyst or the epidermoid cyst. They normally develop and disappear by themselves. Epidermoid cysts also emerge due to blockage of the sebaceous gland by a protein, called keratin. Sometimes, the sebaceous cysts smell pungent as they have yellow clear oily liquid.
- They can happen in any part of the body, except soles of palm and the feet.
- Sebaceous bumps can appear on the head, breast, face, etc.
- They may be small or very large in size.
- Epidermoid cysts are not harmful and are much non-cancerous.
- They also emerge as a result of a swollen hair follicle.
See also: Facial cysts causes and treatment
Sebaceous cysts on the skin appear very ugly. They also drain out the foul-smelling cheesy liquid. Instead of the popping or even squeezing of a sebaceous cyst, you may try some of the effective home remedies, as squeezing of the lumps can be painful and thus increase the chances of infection.
Sebaceous lumps might as well be seen as bumps below skin generally in a round shape but in very different sizes. These cysts are very smooth when they are touched. They may be seen on the scalp, ears, face, and upper arm but they might happen anywhere on the body barring the palms of the hands and even the soles of the feet.
In males, hard lumps or cysts may be noticed on the scrotum and chest, the areas where there are much more hair. These cysts have the name as they originate from sebaceous glands and also because they have sebum. These cysts happen very rarely. Sebaceous bumps are also called steatocystomas or steatocystoma multiplex when there are many sebaceous cysts. Sometimes people use the name as an alternative term for the epidermoid cysts and also the pilar cysts but all of the cysts are very different and the terms may not be applied interchangeably.
- Some of the causes for the sebaceous or epidermoid cysts are the blocked sebaceous glands, the swollen hair follicles, as well as the excessive production of testosterone hormone.
How to Get Rid of a Sebaceous Cyst Fast and Naturally
- 1 How to Get Rid of a Sebaceous Cyst Fast and Naturally
- 2 How to get rid of sebaceous cysts without surgery
Natural remedies for dermal cysts include tea tree oil, aloe vera, castor oil, apple cider vinegar, etc. When using these remedies, take utmost care not to hurt your skin especially if you have a sensitive skin. Here’s how to get rid of sebaceous cysts fast and naturally.
Tea Tree Oil to remove sebaceous cysts on face
Tea tree oil is one of the important oils that has anti-inflammatory and the anti-bacterial properties that are useful in healing various health problems, such as acne, headache, cough, cold, toenail fungus, warts, etc. It is very useful for the cyst also. For the treating of epidermoid cyst, use some tea tree oil directly on the cysts. It will perform as a protecting layer for the cyst and will thus fight against the infecting bacteria. It can also reduce the reoccurrence of sebaceous cyst.
You can applied diluted tea tree oil as well. For this, mix tea tree oil and the carrier oil or even water in 1:10 ratio. Use it directly on the cyst, at least thrice a day.
Aloe vera is one of the natural remedies for the sebaceous cyst. It has pain-relieving and the healing properties. You are needed to use aloe vera gel directly on the cyst. A cool feeling will thus be felt when aloe vera gel is used on irritating cyst.
For removing of the impurities from the body, drink aloe vera juice on a very regular basis
Castor oil, when applied on lumps under the skin, indicates effective results. It not only heals the inflamed cyst, but also helps to reduce itching.
- Soak a clean piece of clean cloth in the castor oil
- Place it directly on the infected cyst
- Now, place a hot water bag on the cloth placed on the cyst and then compress for half an hour.
The heat of water and castor oil will assist in curing the cyst easily by shrinking it. When the cyst appears on the face or even the back, you can try the method. It should not be consumed internally.
The astringent properties of witch hazel assists in healing of the sebaceous cyst very easily. The barks and the leaves of witch hazel are very rich in tannins that can do away with extra oils from skin and assist to tighten pores.
For the treatment of the cysts, you have to use very little quantity of witch hazel gel on the infecting cyst. Let it soak into the skin. Within a couple of days, the size of the cyst will then get reduced.
How to get rid of a sebaceous cyst on Labia, bikini line
Lugol’s iodine, mostly available at several grocery stores, has been so far been proven to be an effective cure for the sebaceous cyst. Use the solution on the infected area with the assistance of a cotton bud. For better results, use the solution at least twice or thrice a day.
Keep the clothes away from the solution as they can get stained.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is much useful remedy for treatment of the infected sebaceous cyst completely at home. To get rid of the pus from the inflamed cyst, use some natural vinegar on cyst and then cover it using a piece of cloth or even the bandage. After 3 or even 4 days, get rid of the bandage. A hard layer will then develop on the cyst. As you get rid of the hard layer, pus then oozes out. Clean the pus and use a new bandage on it. After about 3 days, get rid of the bandage to have a new skin.
Black Blood Root Drawing Salve
Black blood root salve is a natural product that pulls toxins to the surface of the skin. It has no side-effects. Use the some drawing salve on the affected region and then cover it using a clean bandage. After about two days, get rid of the bandage. The cyst will disappear completely.
Hot compress is crucial for many health issues, including cyst lumps under the skin. If you require to cure sebaceous cyst, then practice a hot compress. Hot compression assists to draining out pus or thick liquid from cyst.
Be sure that you use a medium hot compress on the cyst. Too much of the heat will then generate more infecting bacteria.
Dandelion and Viola
Dandelion and viola assists in fighting of the bacteria that are causing cysts. It assists in removing toxins from the body. For treatment of the sebaceous cyst, take a bag of dandelion and viola herbs and mix. Boil it in four cups of water then simmer it for about 30 minutes. Drink the solution, multiple times a day. For better results, drink the herbal solution for about 10 days.
You may also wash infected cyst by this herbal solution.
How to get rid of a sebaceous cyst on Pubic area
Epidermoid cysts, stomach ache, etc. are some of the problems that may arise due to the improper digestion. To clear up the impurities that emanates from the digestive system, one should take clay tablets. You can have a positive result after experiencing clay tablets. After a few days, the cyst shrinks and then disappears easily, without any kind of infection.
Bee pollen acts as a natural blood purifier and is very much effective against skin problems, like sebaceous cysts, etc. For healing of the cysts, you are needed to consume bee pollen that consists of bee propolis and royal jelly.
You might also consume bee pollen tablets or even pills that shrink the cysts and eventually cure them easily.
Colloidal silver is 99% pure silver. Colloidal silver is an antibiotic herb that reduces inflammation. It assists in stimulating lymphatic flow and then stop infection. Colloidal silver is also known for improvement of the immune system and is very effective for healing of the epidermoid cyst.
Anti-fungal creams also performs great on severe and very painful cysts. To cure sebaceous cysts, use some anti-fungal cream directly on the infected area and then cover it using a clean piece of cloth or even a bandage, if required. It assists in reducing inflammation and itching.
Turmeric is a perfect herbal remedy for curing of the cysts. It is a known method to treat cyst. For improvement of the digestion and purification of blood, you are needed to intake half teaspoon of turmeric powder in one cup of warm milk. For better results, consume turmeric that is added milk for about 14 days.
To draw out infection, the salt is a very effective remedy. To cure the cysts, you have to add Epsom salt in the bathing water. Now, take a bath using this water. It will fight against the infection of the bacteria, thus treating epidermoid cysts.
How to get rid of a sebaceous cyst on head
Honey is a topical wound dresser. For treating of the sebaceous cyst, you are required to prepare a poultice.
- Put wheatgrass or even a plantain in the blender and then blend it.
- Add some honey in the thick paste and mix it well.
- Now, use it directly on the cyst and cover it using a clean cloth.
- Leave it overnight. You will then very positive results.
How to get rid of a sebaceous cyst on nose
Aloe Vera remedy
Aloe vera has been widely known as not only as a skin-friendly herb but as a herb that is very perfect for the overall health. The anti-bacterial and the pain relieving properties of aloe vera come to play when you want to do away with the discomforts that are brought about by the cysts.
This is because of the many phenolic compounds available in aloe vera gel. Aloe vera is also recognized for its ability to speed up the process of wound healing.
How to Use Aloe Vera for epidermoid Cyst
- Take some of the aloe vera gel.
- Use this directly on the cyst.
- Now gently rub into the area to assist it penetrate deep into the cyst.
- Do this about 2 times a day.
How to get rid of a sebaceous cyst on scrotum
Witch Hazel remedy
The extract of witch hazel herb has a reputation of being very excellent astringent. Both the barks as well as the leaves of witch hazel are a good source of tannins. Tannins are a known remedy for the excessive oil producing glands. They normally tighten the pores of your skin and has the secretion of oil so that you don’t obtain acne and cysts.
How to Use Witch Hazel to get rid of epidermoid Cyst
- Apply about 2 drops of witch hazel on your cyst.
- Gently rub it to send it deep down.
- Repeat the procedure once daily.
How to get rid of a sebaceous cyst on Eyelid
Apple Cider Vinegar to Remove Sebaceous Cyst
Apple cider vinegar contains a strong anti-bacterial, anti-fungal as well as antiseptic properties. In fact its antimicrobial properties are what make it much suitable as a cleansing agent. In case of the sebaceous cyst also, it cleanse the infected cyst off bacteria.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Cotton ball
- Soak the cotton ball in apple cider vinegar.
- Apply it to the cyst. Hold for some time and then remove.
- If you feel stinging sensation or if your skin is too sensitive, dilute the vinegar with some water and then use it on your cyst.
- Do the procedure about 4 times a day.
How to get rid of a sebaceous cyst on Chest
Burdock for Sebaceous Cyst
Burdock is an antibacterial, anti-fungal, as well as the anti-inflammatory herb. It has been traditionally applied for chronic skin ailments. Herbalists apply burdock not only for the common acne, but also for the serious skin diseases including eczema, psoriasis, boils and sebaceous cysts.
Burdock root is normally used in Japan for not only alternative medicine but also in the dishes. You can apply it in making of the soups, salads or even make tea out of burdock root.
How to Make Burdock Tea
- Fresh burdock root (that is coarsely chopped)- 2 tbsp Or even Dried burdock root- 1 tbsp
- Water- about 3 cups
- Place the herb in the pot.
- Add some water to this.
- Bring the water and the herb to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Put off the flame and let it steep for another about 15 minutes.
- Have the tea once or even divided into about 3 servings throughout the day. Warm it up before having.
- If you can’t stand the taste, add a little honey to it and drink it.
- Burdock is a diuretic so it’s better not to have much of the tea.
You can also soak a cotton pad or a clean cloth in warm burdock tea and then use it as warm compress for the sebaceous cyst for faster healing.
Red Clover natural cure
Red clover is very popular herb among herbalists who primarily use it as a “blood purifier.” Most of the alternative medicine systems nowadays believe that the toxins in the blood are the cause behind most of the illnesses and the skin diseases are no exception.
Researchers are underway to find out the suitability of the red clover in treatment of cancer. Red clover is used for treatment of acne, psoriasis, and other skin diseases that includes sebaceous cyst as it is known to make the body get rid of toxic build up that leads to cysts and tumors.
The components of red clover like phytoestrogenic isoflavones are known to make the herb an excellent natural remedies for skin and other medical conditions.
Ways to Use Red Clover for cysts
- Make red clover tea by adding about 3 teaspoons of dry red clover flowers in about 3 cups of hot water. Let it steep for about 20 minutes. Strain and have the tea three times a day.
- Chop the red clover flowers and make a thick paste by adding a little water. Use this poultice to your cyst.
- The tincture of red clover can also be taken internally. Have about 6 ml (less than1/4 tsp to 1-1/4 tsp) of tincture about three times a day.
Pregnant and breast feeding women should not take red clover as it has effects on hormones. Those taking blood thinning medications should also consult the doctor before taking the herb.
Goldenseal has a component known berberine that makes it a very effective anti-microbial agent. Berberine is also capable of inhibiting or even killing most of the microorganisms like fungi, protozoa and bacteria.
This is why the modern herbalists apply goldenseal in the form of a topical antibiotic for skin wounds. It is also used in treatment of the viral mouth sores and the fungal infections including athlete’s foot.
Make Goldenseal Salve for Cyst
- Dry goldenseal herb- 1/2 – 1 cup
- Olive oil- enough that is able to submerge the herb and an inch above that
- Beeswax about 6 tsp or more depending upon your required consistency
- Place the herb in a crock pot or even a double boiler.
- Pour olive oil so as to cover it. Let the oil at least 1 inch higher than the herb.
- Now heat both on a low heat for about 5 hours.
- Let the oil cool down considerably.
- Strain it using a strainer lined with cheesecloth.
- Don’t forget to squeeze the cheesecloth to obtain as much as oil out of the herb as you can.
- Now add the needed amount of beeswax and stir till it melts.
- When you have got your required consistency, stop adding wax and store the salve in a jar.
- Apply this to your cyst about 3 times a day.
You can even use the salve on minor wounds and cuts.
How to get rid of sebaceous cysts without surgery
Frankincense Oil for sebaceous Cyst
Frankincense oil that is extracted from the Boswellia carteri tree is mostly used in aromatherapy for calm and peace.
Herbalists use it topically for a most of the skin conditions also. Although there are no scientific study to back the claim, but most of the people who have sebaceous cysts who have applied the oil state that it reduced the size of their cysts remarkably. This may be due to the anti-inflammatory properties of Frankincense oil.
- Frankincense oil- just a few drops
- Any oil (grape seed oil or olive oil etc.)- 1 tsp
- Add the Frankincense oil in the teaspoon of carrier oil.
- Mix and apply to your cysts twice a day.
Never use this oil undiluted. Pregnant and breast feeding mothers should avoid using it.
Grapefruit Seed Extract for Sebaceous Cyst Removal
Just like the Frankincense oil, Grapefruit Seed Extract doesn’t have a medical backing but most of the people find it very effective in reduction of the size of cysts and rather fast.
It is extracted from the seeds and pulp of the fruit known as Citrus Paradisi, mostly known as grapefruit. It is a natural germicide and is very effective against most of the infections in the human beings. It requires to be applied in very small quantities due to its great strength.
- Grapefruit seed extract- about 1 drop
- Apply the drop of GSE directly to your cyst.
- Wait for a few seconds or a minute till it gets absorbed
- Now dab using a tissue to get rid of the excessive extract
- Cover using a bandage.
Milk Thistle for Sebaceous Cyst
There are claims that milk thistle is an effective remedy for the sebaceous cyst. The theory also states that milk thistle assists to cleanse the liver by elimination of all toxic wastes. This equally purifies the system and it doesn’t lead to cysts.
It is something like the theory of purification of the blood and its circulation so as to prevent cysts. But, this also lacks any medical backing. Milk thistle seeds have a bioflavonoid complex known as silymarin that is said to be behind the benefits. It also reduces inflammation as well as is a strong antioxidant.
How to Take Milk Thistle
Milk thistle is also available in the form of capsules containing about 120 – 140 mg silymarin. It can also be found in form of a liquid extract and tincture. As this herb directly affects the liver, it should always be taken as directed by the doctor. Never try to take it on your own.
- 17 Home Remedies for Sebaceous Cyst: http://homeremedyshop.com/17-home-remedies-for-sebaceous-cyst/
- Home Remedies for Sebaceous Cyst: http://www.rapidhomeremedies.com/remedies-for-sebaceous-cyst.html
- Remove Sebaceous Cyst Naturally: http://www.1800remedies.com/remove-sebaceous-cyst/
- Best Home Remedies for Sebaceous Cysts?: http://www.life-saving-naturalcures-and-naturalremedies.com/best-home-remedies-for-sebaceous-cysts.html
- Epidermoid and Pilar Cysts (Sebaceous Cysts): http://patient.info/health/epidermoid-and-pilar-cysts-sebaceous-cysts-leaflet